IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR Cu SX EW
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
Solvent extraction-electrowinning continues to transfor m the performance of copperoperations. This 4-day course is designed to provide technical staff with the knowledge, skills and insight required to understand copper solvent extraction and electrowinning, to improve plant operations, and to improve control of operations.
Attendees will practice the principles of their learning through case studies and discussion groups, using specific practical examples.
The course is presented by Kathy Sole and Frank Crundwell.
Kathy is well-known in the world of copper solvent extraction, and has a passion for passing part of this vast experience on to others. She holds a PhD from the University of Arizona, USA.
Frank is a chemical engineer with considerable experience in hydrometallurgical design and optimization. He has consulted widely, and has over 70 publications in hydrometallurgy. He holds a PhD from WITS.
- Chemistry of copper SX-EW
- Choice of extractant and diluent
- Copper recovery vs copper transfer
- Minimizing impurity transfer
- Mass balances in SX circuits
- McCabe Thiele diagrams
- Series and series parallel confi gurations
- Design of mixer settlers
- Picket fences, chevrons and other settler furniture
- Phase continuity, crud, clay treatment
- Entrainment and control of organic losses
- Anodes and cathodes, including cathode quality
- Electrolyte composition and electrolyte additives
- Acid mist
- Energy consumption
- Cell design
- Operating practices
- Impurities in SX
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Engineers, metallurgical staff and managers employed in copper operations, and metallurgists developing new operations of processes will benefit from this course. The course is designed to systematically lead delegates through the specifics of solvent extraction and electrowinning. Prior knowledge of SX or EW is not required.
WHAT OUR DELEGATES HAVE SAID
BOOKING DETAILS AND TERMS
Date: 1-4 October 2018
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
You can either download the registration form on the left, or complete and submit the online registration form below.